SDS Kochi offes world class training in Industrial Electrician, Industrial Fitter, Industrial Welding and Process Instrumentation. Skill development programme for the following four trades will be conducted at SDI Kochi
|Duration of the Programme:||6 months.|
|Facilities:||Study materials, hostel, food and uniform|
An amount of Rs:5000/- only charged for 6 months towards study materials, hostel, food and uniform. Fully Residential Program
Certification by NSDC and Training BY NTTF.
For More information;about the courses, Contact Skill Development Institute (SDI) Kochi, 4th Floor, Tower II, INKEL Business Park(Near Telk), Angamaly South (P O), Ernakulam – 683573. Phone: 0484-2983383,Mobile: 8075871801, Email: email@example.com
Nettur Technical Training Foundation(NTTF)
NTTF – an educational foundation established in the year 1963 – is the living symbol of Indo-Swiss co-operation; aimed at promoting purposeful Technical Education for the youth of India. The seed was put in place at Thalassery (Kerala), in the year 1959. In its mission, the Foundation was actively supported with generous assistance from the Government of Switzerland, HEKS (a Swiss NGO), and Swiss Development Co-operation (a development agency in Switzerland). The Government of India and the State Governments also extended their support. The Foundation implements its program of Technical Training through more than 20 Training Centres located in various States across India. NTTF assists industries, through its special collaborative initiative for producing quality manpower, by establishing training centres in partnership with industry associations. NTTF is an ISO 9001 Certified institution.
NTTF , a private technical educational trust,has more than 30 training centres located pan-India and is governed by a board of leading industrialists.NTTF offers Technical Training programs at the Certificate,Diploma,Post Diploma and Postgratuate levels and the technical training programs are designed to ensure that the training provided to the students match current requirements and standards in industry.NTTF programs and related curricula are updated and revamped under a team of eminent personalities representing academia and industry.
Skill Development Initiative
- Skill and knowledge are the driving forces for economic growth and social development for any country.
- India has the advantage of “demographic dividend”. Harnessing the demographic dividend through appropriate skill development efforts would provide an opportunity to achieve inclusion and productivity within the country and also a reduction in the global skill shortages.
- National Skill Development Mission has set an ambitious target of skilling 400 million people by 2022.
- To cater to the requirement of Hydrocarbon sector, the oil and gas Industry is in the process of setting-up of Hydrocarbon Sector Skill Council (HSSC) in India to in part sector-specific skill, with requisite national/ international certification to bridge the skill gap, within India and 0verseas.
- The Industrial Team of HSSC has identified 134 jobs roles (Trades) Pertaining to following sub-sectors in the oil and gas industry for which skill development programmes will be undertaken:
- Upstream (Exploration and Production)
- Downstream (Refineries and Marketing)
- Midstream and Gas (Including cross-country pipelines and city gas)
- Construction and services
- It has also been decided to set-up Skill development Institutes in the country- the first such institute in the hydrocarbon sector, which will be a model institute in the country, is being set-up at Kochi .
- This start-of-the-art skill development institute (SDI), amongst many ‘Centres of excellence’ being planned in different regions of the country, will impart advanced skill training to 40,000 to 50,000 personnel in 10 years. The institute is being co-promoted by all National Oil Companies, both in the upstream and downstream sector.
- In addition to specialized technical training ( including hands-on training though simulators, cut-out models and actual plant and machinery, followed by stringent assessment and certification process), SDI will also provide training on soft skill and English proficiency.
- The Institute will also be utilized for providing practical skill development training and certification to the existing technical staff.